Land Infrastructure Project Manager
General Summary: The Land Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the residential/commercial infrastructure construction process from civil design through project turnover ensuring project stays on schedule and within budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicates regularly with executive management regarding the status of current projects; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance projects
- Reviews, quality controls and value engineers the infrastructure construction drawings using knowledge of grading, street design, storm drains, sanitary sewers, water systems, dry utilities and the overall design process
- Reviews Platting and Easements
- Coordinates with Planning and Design Department to facilitate coordination of civil design and Landscape / Hardscape elements
- Creates phased infrastructure budgets for residential and commercial units including hard and soft cost and associated cash flow projections
- Updates Proformas
- Coordinates bid process including contractor selection and contract execution
- Manages contractors, subcontractors and consultants to plan, organize and direct construction activities concerned with road, sewer, storm drainage, underground utility and mass grading projects
- Reviews and approves pay applications
- Reviews and approves change orders including assessing cost and schedule impact
- Understands and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolve disputes
- Participates with land development team in all aspects of development including: Acquisitions, Due diligence, Entitlements, Amenities design
- Performs field inspections and monitors field work as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested
- 5 years’ experience in the construction industry with a focus on site development including residential, multi-family, and mixed use
- Experience working for a developer preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ability to participate in the conceptual development of a construction project
- Ability to maintain a positive and productive work attitude and a team orientated mind-set
- Supervisory experience on residential infrastructure construction projects
- Possess the knowledge and experience required to promptly resolve complex land development issues in the planning, design and construction phases.
- Exceptional leadership qualities and communication skills
- Proven experience with vertical construction for single family, multi-family and commercial projects including bidding, budgeting, contracting and vertical construction supervision
- Knowledge of the City of Orlando, Orange and Osceola Counties, South Florida Water Management District and Army Corps of Engineers permit and inspection process
- Understanding of jurisdictional processes required to obtain all necessary permits and entitlements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines
- Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity
- Demonstrate ability to foster collaboration and build relationships
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and, without exception, execute on those tasks
- PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or other Project Planning/Tracking software preferred
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.