Human Resources Administrator / Generalist
General Summary: The Human Resources Administrator / Generalist will be responsible for the following key HR duties: administrative tasks and paperwork, new hire onboarding, payroll, benefits administration, communication and employee events support.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process all paper work relating to new hires, terminations, and personnel changes including background checks, I-9’s, W-4’s
- Review background checks and determine if candidates meet qualifications
- Reconcile insurance invoices to ensure accuracy
- Maintain personnel files and update information as required
- Prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies
- Conduct employee new hire onboarding
- Ensure all new employees enroll or decline in medical, dental and supplemental insurance programs
- Assist as need with insurance renewals including attending renewal meetings and reporting positive and negative aspects of insurance programs
- Coordinate annual open enrollment meetings
- Ensure all employees are receiving correct benefits
- Assist with annual 401(k) Non-Discrimination Testing, and EEO-1 data collection
- Coordinate 401(k) semi-annual open enrollment
- Update proper deduction amounts in payroll software
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions associated with net pay is correct
- Calculate payroll liability and communicate amount to accounting
- Enter time and update payroll files
- Maintain/update employee communication page on SharePoint
- Keep all electronic files up-to-date; including personnel files
- Assist with employee relations questions / concerns
- Conduct exit interviews
- Complete monthly reports to calculate workers’ comp premiums
- Report all accidents / illnesses to worker’s comp carrier
- Plan and support employee activities
- Evaluate job applications and conduct preliminary interviews as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education, experience and skills required:
- Minimum five years of human resources and/or business experience gained through education or experience
- Previous experience working in an office/human resources environment
- Requires knowledge of administrative procedures, including file management; SharePoint knowledge is a plus
- Advanced proficiency in software, including but not limited to: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Strong knowledge in processing payroll; Paylocity experience is a plus
- Highly accurate in execution or work with meticulous attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple demands
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of leadership, employees and external customers/vendors
- High degree of professionalism, accountability and self-motivation
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in managing a workload of varied tasks, some with conflicting deadlines
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and work independently under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and be eligible for coverage through companies automobile insurance
Essential physical requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
If you identify with these characteristics, want to work with a growing company, and are interested in a Human Resources Administrator / Generalist position, please send your resume and with a cover letter containing the following information:
- What specifically appeals to you about the duties listed for this role?
- What is your practical experience with benefits, payroll administration and new hire onboarding?
- Why is now the right time for you to consider a role with Tavistock Development Company?
Your application will not be considered if responses to the above are not included.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.