General Summary: Direct the operations and maintenance of a large private estate while ensuring the VIP guests in the home receive personalized and attentive service
Essential Job Functions:
- Create home policies and procedures to ensure all operations are efficient and effective; continually reassess policies and procedures
- Act as a key ambassador of the Tavistock brand; ensure all house operations, communications and services exceed guests’ expectations
- Deliver expert advice on the best leisure activates for VIP guess based on an understanding of guest personality
- Utilize network of contacts to procure hard to get event tickets, restaurant reservations, tee times, etc.
- Communicate with guests prior to their arrival to determine wants, special needs, expectations and preferences. Ensure all are met.
- Stock home with essential items (paper goods, bottled water) and re-stock when necessary
- Purchase any special guest requests before and during stay.
- Manage the arrival and departure of guests; confirm arrival dates, departure dates and scheduled activities in writing
- Greet guests and familiarize them with the home, Lake Nona Golf & Country Club and the surrounding areas
- Conduct home tour and familiarize guests with important aspects of the home
- Handle guests luggage, unpack and organize contents; repack luggage prior to guests departure. Press clothes as requested.
- Anticipate guests needs and provide appropriate service
- Act as liaison between visitors and all other services
- Chauffeur/escort guests to and from other locations (meals, entertainment, appointments, activities, etc.)
- Perform personal services for guests to include light cooking and meal preparation, garment ironing, running errands, babysitting, shoe shinning, serving refreshments and meals, drawing baths, making various types of reservations, light cleaning, turn-down service, concierge service, etc.
- Write personal thank you notes to visitors after their departure
- Keep guest profiles to ensure guest requests can be anticipated
- Maintain an organized and tidy household; ensure housekeeping service is cleaning appropriately
- Utilize all home technology (security, audio and visual) to its full capabilities for the enjoyment and security of the guests
- Utilize discretion and independent judgement in the management all home vendors to include lawn maintenance, pool maintenance, housekeeping service, pest control, etc.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is conducted regularly according to a schedule
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5+ years related experience working in a similar role within a resort, hotel or private estate
- Professional Household Manager or Butler Certificate preferred, but not required
- Extremely knowledgeable on Orlando events, recreational activities, restaurants, cultural offerings, leisure activities, etc.
- Child-friendly; must be comfortable working in a home with children present occasionally
- Kind, patient, trustworthy, positive and warm/engaging personality
- Adept in remaining calm and poised under pressure; not easily frazzled
- Polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manor; use of utmost discretion at all times
- Outstanding problem solver; resourceful and quick-thinking
- Self-starting, pro-active worker who is extremely service-oriented, hyper organized and has a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities; prioritization and efficiency a self-starter who can manage his/her own schedule effectively and efficiently
- Flexibility in scheduling; willingness to work long hours and overtime as needed Essential
- This position includes stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling and repetitive motions
- Must be able to maintain a neat and tidy appearance
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, clean driving record and be insured through Lake Nona’s auto insurance carrier