General Summary: The Financial Analyst is responsible providing underwriting, development and asset management support to multiple departments within the company. Areas of focus will include a variety of commercial and residential real estate investments in multiple geographic areas. The role requires a high degree of analytical skill, initiative, and business judgment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide template driven and ad hoc underwriting expertise on a wide variety of investment types and structures.
- Prepare routine and ad hoc reports for internal and external reporting, including cash flow forecasts, asset valuation and lease economics
- Assist in the preparation of property business plans and annual operating budgets for various assets.
- Coordinate activities of outside consultants and analyze reports including appraisals, environmental reports and insurance policies.
- Prepare presentations for senior management.
- Compile and submit monthly funding reports for projects under construction.
- Provide due diligence support for acquisitions and dispositions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience in Construction or Real Estate Development preferred
- Knowledge of excel based modeling, underwriting and performing due diligence on real estate investments
- Familiarity with ground up construction desirable
- Experience with real estate in central Florida and an understanding of micro and macro market dynamics
- Proficient in financial analysis methods including NPV, IRR, DCF modeling, and financial statement analysis
- Exceptional leadership qualities and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines
- Results-oriented team player with a high level of integrity
- Demonstrate ability to foster collaboration and build relationships
- Strong ability to problem solve while not sacrificing project goals
- Ability to proactively identify critical path tasks and, without exception, execute on those tasks
- Demonstration of effective communication, cooperation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Highly organized, detail oriented and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and personal automobile available to use for work related tasks
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.