At Dais, we are bringing next-generation technology to homes, businesses, education facilities, healthcare settings, live events and hospitality and retail venues by delivering simplified technology that's integrated and intuitive.
Dais Technologies hires people who:
- Act with integrity
- Are proactive and value results
- Are innovative
- Uphold our reputation and brand
- Play, as a team
- Embrace a dynamic environment
- Care for each other
If you identify with these characteristics, want to work with a growing company and are interested in a Field Technician position, please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@Tavistock.com. We offer great benefits, competitive salaries, an inspiring work environment and the latest employment practices
Dais Technologies is seeking motivated individuals for full time positions who possess a strong sense of ownership to join our team as Technicians. Ideal candidates are mechanically inclined, have on year of experience working with audio visual and/or security systems and have had some experience working in residential construction. We are willing to train eager, dedicated candidates who are interested in a career path as a Project Manager, Low Voltage Systems Engineer, Electrical Systems Contractor or related field.
General Summary: Provide on-site and in-home technical, installation, service and maintenance support for audio visual systems and components during and after the construction process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs pre-wiring, installing, programming, and maintenance of products and services for structures under construction, prior to and after placement of walls/ceilings as well as existing structures for security systems, telephones, cable television, CCTV, intercom systems, central vacuum systems, structured wiring, wired and wireless networking, control panels, , security control boxes/panels, keypads, low voltage lighting, home automation systems, and audio/video systems.
- Inspects low-voltage electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes
- Provided after sales service on low voltage products.
- Uses various tools and equipment proficiently. These include, but are not limited to: hand tools, electronic test equipment and ladders.
- Complies at all times with Dais’s quality and safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of low voltage systems and tools including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Must have the skills to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a positive representation of Dais to the public.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent.
- Previous experience installing cabling & low voltage components a plus.
- Must have valid Florida driver’s license and qualify for insurance coverage through our automobile carrier.
- Prior experience with low or high voltage wiring or with other building trades is preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to navigate through rough and uneven terrain.
- Must be in good physical condition to perform above job duties as outlined above. Duties require long periods of standing, moving, climbing, balancing, kneeling, squatting, bending and lifting requirements of up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions, which may be extreme hot or cold conditions.
- Must have a well-groomed appearance and project a professional image at all times.
- Must be able to communicate in English effectively with other individuals.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.