General Summary: The Controller is the chief data integrity officer and information hub for our operations. Beyond simply closing the books and managing our payable staff, we are looking for a driven finance professional that want to get beyond the numbers and make a difference in the daily operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and directs preparation of all financial reports for Craft/Century Homes based on past, present and expected operations including, but not limited to annual budgets, monthly financial statements, monthly budget versus actual statements, and cash flow projections
- Manages the month-end and year-end closing process. Ensures the data integrity of our critical business data through reconciliation and documentation.
- Drives daily, weekly and monthly reporting to ensure the success of the operations
- Cash flow management through concise communication with our parent company and investors. Some limited treasury responsibilities.
- Establishes, modifies, implements and updates accounting procedures
- Coordinates with outside accounting firm to prepare all necessary tax information for all entities
- Facilitates audits of company accounts when necessary
- Handles all matters pertaining to property / liability insurance including, but not limited to obtaining quotes at renewal time, processing claims, and corresponding with agent
- Manages and reviews work of our accounts payable staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance of accounting. CPA preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Access and SAGE accounting software preferred, Excel experience a requirement.
- Familiarity with AIA construction documents and job cost accounting helpful
- Able to work with a PO system
- Ability to work productively with little direction or supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills mandatory
- Ability to articulate thoughts and actively listen in order to communicate effectively with co-workers and vendors
- Possess a valid Florida driver’s license and personal automobile available to run errands
- Ability to communicate in English effectively with other individuals
Essential physical requirements:
- Must be physically able to do assigned work as outlined above
- Must be physically able to sit and use the computer for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds